Archives: Giggle Corner
Mathematical Jokes & Riddles
Math Gym 2012-13
3. What coin doubles in value when you take away half?
A half dollar.
The other end of the rope wasn't tied to anything.
Teacher: Yes, but what’s at the end of it?
Student: It doesn’t have an end.
Student: "Someone else’s pants."
You can count on me!
8. If it takes three people to dig a hole, how many people does it take to dig half a hole?
You can't dig half a hole.
10. Three in your hands and seven on the table.
Math Gym 2011-12
Because it had a lot of problems.
2. How do you make seven even?
Remove the "S".
3. Why didn't the dime roll into the street after the penny?
Because it had more sense (cents).
4. How many months have 28 days?
All of them.
5. Why was the obtuse angle upset?
Because it was never right.
6. When does 11 + 2 = 1 ?
On a clock.
7. How much dirt is in a round hole that is 3 feet deep and 2 feet in diameter?
None. Holes are empty.
8. One’s a lonely number, two’s company, and three’s a crowd. What’s four and five?
9. How many seconds are in a year?
Twelve. (January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd .....)
10. How many eggs can you put in an empty basket?
One. After that it's not empty anymore.
11. Where do math teachers eat?
At multiplication tables.
12. What do you say when a mathematician’s parrot cage is empty?
Husband: To save us some money, I ran behind the bus instead of riding it home today!
Wife: You fool! That only saved us a dollar. If you had run behind a taxi, instead, you could have saved us $20!
14. What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in an hour?
The letter "M".
15. Why are rabbits good at math?
They multiply quickly.
16. When things go wrong, what can you always count on?
17. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot.
18. Why are the numbers 1-12 like a good detective?
They are always on the watch.
19. Why was the triangle pretty?
She had acute angle.
20. How many feet are in a yard?
That depends on how many children are playing in it.